Monday 7 January 2008

Chris Ware


Chris Ware is an America comic book artist and cartoonist, best-known for a series of comics call the Acme Novelty Library, and the graphic novel, Jummy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth. Much of his influences came form 20th Century American Cartooning and Graphic Design. Ware works in a very traditional style not using computer to compose his work.
A Quote of how Ware Works:
"I arrived at my way of "working" as a way of visually approximating what I feel the tone of fiction to be in prose versus the tone one might use to write biography; I would never do a biographical story using the deliberately synthetic way of cartooning I use to write fiction. I try to use the rules of typography to govern the way that I "draw," which keeps me at a sensible distance from the story as well as being a visual analog to the way we remember and conceptualize the world."


No comments: